can someone enlighten me on the difference?? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Jeep Wrangler OEM Forum

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
mldl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Mar 2016
Default can someone enlighten me on the difference??

First off, I am new to this Forum and also new to owning a Jeep (2015 Willys, White)
Please forgive me if this question sounds ignorant but nobody has been able to really give me a straight answer..

I have the 130S/RES Uconnect System currently and am looking to upgrade...possibly to the 430N/RHB.

But before I make a final decision, I am asking if someone can clarify the difference between Uconnect and Bluetooth?

Because if I can find a better deal on a touch screen system that is not "Uconnect" and there is no difference between the two (Uconnect/Bluetooth), then I will start looking at other options.

Also, will installing a different radio system void my warranty?
mldl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2016, 03:04 AM   #2
jokekin

Join Date Oct 2014

Uconnect is the brand name of the systems that Chrysler puts in their cars. It includes the radio, CD, phone, some voice commands, iPod/MP3, and Bluetooth in the 130. Other options are added with the 430N (nav, touchscreen, hard drive storage, hands free calling/commands)

So Bluetooth and Uconnect are kind of the same. The Uconnect has been built into the vehicle. An aftermarket system would work as well or maybe better if you can get one that will utilize the steering wheel controls.(volume, channel, mode,search/scan, voice command and phone)

I'm not sure about your warranty question.

I hope this was some help.
jokekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:17 AM   #3
jokekin

Join Date Oct 2014

Continued...

The 430N would be a direct plug and play replacement for your 130, may be an attractive attribute. The cost from the dealer might be high. There is a company online called oemautoparts that sells the 430N new and refurbished. They might be less cost than the dealer if you decide on a 430N.
jokekin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #4
Skycowboy
Yes I should know better.

Join Date Sep 2015

The Jeeps Uconnect actually works well.....and is about 100 times better than the junk Sync system ford uses....and i like fords but not their sync.
Fly
Fly
Fly
Fly
Skycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement