Dream act? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Forum > Politics, Religion & Controversy

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
Chris
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Nov 2011
Default Dream act?

What are your thoughts on the dream act?

The one that is letting illegal aliens legally work and get drivers license and protect them from being deported.

Garage Retreat
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
seadog

Join Date Jun 2012

I think it's a crock of sh!t...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I tried to be good, but I got bored...
seadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

The POTUS has decided in order to get votes, he uses his power to legalize an illegal act in order to increase his changes of receiving more votes in the upcoming election. It is about as dirty as one can get and just gives us more reasons to not only kick him out of his position, but to kick him out of this great (although declining rapidly with him at the helm) country. IMHO!
havasu is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
Kelowna
Retired- Now I Golf

Join Date May 2012

Funny, because to come visit the USA, I have to have a legal passport, and drivers lic. And not stay over 6 months. And I am going to be spending a lot of money on my holiday there next year. But if I had a criminal record, or if Mandy did, we couldn't even go visit. Our friends got turned back from a vissit to Seattle for a week to shop, despite a booked hotel room, both are professionals etc. Because 36 years ago he got busted for smoking a joint at a concert. They were turned around at the border and told to go home. Still cost them a pile for the cancellation fee at the hotel to. It is ludicrous though, that you can sneak in, and be accepted, get a job etc.
Kelowna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

First let me say that yes, Obama did it to get votes. And most people don't even know he did it by Executive Order. Mr. Transparency didn't let us vote on it, again.
I don't care where you stand on immigration issues, I think it was wrong to do that in itself.
It's just like him doing a 180 on gay marriage, during election season. I don't care what your view is about gay marriage either, he did it to manipulate voters. He is really good at his lies and deceptions.
That said, I'm actually for the Dream Act.
Scenario: Woman goes to Mexico. At an orphanage she finds a little three year old girl that needs adopting. She starts the paperwork in both the US and Mexico. Mexico makes it near impossible without paying a lot of money to grease palms. US makes it near impossible because of red tape and huge expenses. Woman hires attorney. Attorney is only a money pit with the same results.
Woman brings child into US illegally. Child grows up speaking English, attending US schools, gets good grades, never gets in trouble, graduates high school, goes to two year college gets AS Degree.
Now said child cannot get a driver license, job, or go to a university on her scholarship because she is not documented due to no fault of her own.
I'm curious.... what should she do, go back to Mexico where she has no documentation also?
The Dream Act allows for this kind of problem. It doesn't give amnesty to people that crossed the border illegally on their own. They must be under 30 years old, have attended school here, no criminal record AT ALL, and proof they have lived here for more than five years.
Your thoughts?

Here... I'll put the face to the story........

Click image for larger version

Name:	574745_3411008120662_893576159_n (Medium).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	3260
My life is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together. But you can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Acquire confidence in your life. Have no regrets. Rik.
RikRotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
Chris

Join Date Nov 2011

If we start letting every child the gets carried across the border stay and be legal because it is not their fault. Then more and more will make sure to bring them across because they know they will be safe. It sucks but we can't start making exceptions because of pitty .

Why don't these people stay and try to fix their own country like we do instead of fleeing when times get tough.

Garage Retreat
Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

But the point is, what is the kid supposed to do?
I agree the parents are asshats and should be punished, but it literally is out of the control of the child.
My life is just a bunch of "It seemed like a good idea at the time" strung together. But you can't expect to be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Acquire confidence in your life. Have no regrets. Rik.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

HERE is where I DO have a problem with the Dream Act....
On purpose, Obama omitted the clause that said the parents could not use the child for an "anchor baby" or receive benefits because of the minor children that are now Permanent Residents. Not citizens to be clear.
So now if your kid qualifies, and they are under twenty six, they are your dependent, and as a Permanent Resident, you are entitled to welfare and Medicare benefits under the law. Nice eh? It was a scam to get votes. It could have included the omission clause.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
Chris

Join Date Nov 2011

The kid unfortunately will have to go back to whatever country it is a legal citizen of. Live life like the rest of the world. Just because you sneak into a country doesn't mean you can stay, no matter you're age. Obviously these kids have parents somewhere.

Garage Retreat
Old 08-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
RikRotorhead
Internet Owner

Join Date Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The kid unfortunately will have to go back to whatever country it is a legal citizen of. Live life like the rest of the world. Just because you sneak into a country doesn't mean you can stay, no matter you're age. Obviously these kids have parents somewhere.
Did you read the story I posted? She was in an orphanage, dropped off in the middle of the night with no documentation at all. She is not a Citizen of either country since there is no proof she was born in Mexico, Germany, the US, etc...
Where is she to go? The woman that brought her here is a born US citizen that broke the law twenty years ago. Statute of limitations protects her. Yes she is an asshat, I'll be the first one in line to punch her in the face.
But that doesn't solve the child's problem. She's a child with no country. Where do we send her, realistically? She can't get a job legally and become productive. She has no intention of taking her free education and using it in another country. She is not a criminal. She is a really good person and deserves the best.
Other than the Dream Act, what can she do? Remain illegal the rest of her life?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement