Electrical Issues - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Wrangler Discussions > Electrical / Audio / Communication

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
Dactorvate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date May 2017
Default Electrical Issues

My '95 YJ Jeep Wrangler had a major valve cover gasket leak. The car sat over the winter. After replacing the valve cover gasket I attempted to run the car but it was dead. Replaced the battery and the alternator caught on fire. I replaced the alternator but now the battery keeps dying. Any suggestions on how to proceed. I'm very limited in mechanical skills.
Dactorvate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 AM   #2
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

You have some wires crossed, or you pinched a hot wire installing the valve cover gasket. Slip a mechanic a few bucks and I bet he can identify the problem in a few minutes.
havasu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Dactorvate

Join Date May 2017

Thanks. I'll definitely look into that. But there is power going to the alternator. All the fuses appeared to be fine. I'll check the hot wire.
Dactorvate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement