Long start, engine shudder - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Jeep Wrangler OEM Forum

WranglerBoard.com is the premier Jeep Wrangler Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2017, 01:22 AM   #1
07Wrangler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Join Date Mar 2017
Default Long start, engine shudder

Yesterday, I filled my tank with gas. As I started Jeep up, it but took about 5-7 seconds to actually start up. It turned over just fine.
I thought it was odd but it had done that a couple before at random times. As I am driving down the road, the check engine light comes on, flashes as I feel the engine shake while rolling down the road. I've had to put gas treatment in before and the shake is totally different. This new shake I could also feel in the gas pedal.
I didn't dare go faster than 45mph. As I reduce speed to turn on my road, it was like the engine was fine and it accelerated just fine.
I took it out again this morning trying to figure it out and it did the same thing as I just described.
Thoughts? This symptom is totally out if the blue and does not make sense to me after I just got gas.
Any insight would be great and an explanation as to why is welcomed.
Thank you in advance!!
07Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

Your check engine light is trying to give you a hint as to what is not working properly. before you start throwing liquids into its belly, go get the CEL scanned to determine the exact problem. I know most auto parts stores and even Mayco will run the codes for free.
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
07Wrangler

Join Date Mar 2017

Yeah, I know all of that. That's the point of warning lights. I was hoping for more of a direction in where to look; as in similar experiences to know what it may be. I got some guidance from a friend who has a Jeep so I'll go with that since she has had similar issues to mine.
Thanks
07Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
havasu

Join Date Nov 2011

I wish I could be of more help but none of my jeeps are that new.
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement